On September 20, the first SinoClub meeting of this academic year took place at the Primakov Centre.
The topic of the meeting was getting to know China. SinoClub participants learned many interesting facts about China, famous Chinese attractions and cuisine
Did you know that:
- China ranks third in terms of area, and at the same time it has one time zone;
- The most common surname in China and the world is the same surname – 李 (lǐ) Li;
- In China, you can show the numbers 1 to 10 with one hand;
- Loud slurping is allowed at the dinner table;
- China has 55 UNESCO World Heritage Sites;
- The longest river in Asia is the 长江 (Cháng Jiāng) Yangtze River;
- All pandas in the world belong to China
Those present also learned possible greetings in Chinese, such as: 你好，您好，大家好，你们好，哈喽 and many other greetings. Ask how your interlocutor is doing: 你好吗？你怎么样？你吃了吗？
At the end of the meeting, SinoClub participants were treated to delicious sweets.
And now we tell you 再见，亲爱的朋友们。See you next month!